So how do you trade the event? ...Or how am I going to trade the event.This Fed gives the market what it wants. This means tomorrow's cut is going to be 50BP. The market will have a small rally since the EV is 44.75 BP. I believe the FED should cut 25BP, but they wont. If they do cut 25BP the DOW will drop a couple hundred, Financials will drop about 10%, and the next few weeks will test the lows set last Monday/Tuesday.
No matter what we are moving tomorrow. For this reason I put several straddles on XLF since the financials will be moved the most by the cut. Today's consolidation allowed for the perfect opportunity to put these and limit my directional risk from an overnight rally and a pull back tomorrow. If we see the 25BP cut the market is going to move big. For this reason I also purchased a few puts on XLF. This give my expected payout a bit of a bearish wait, but as long as the market moves tomorrow...I make money....A bearish straddle if you want to name it...
Ill be trading some E-minis and Ultras tomorrow as well on the swings and maybe take a directional position with a tight stop going into the meeting if the opportunity presents itself.
On the currency side I went long the AUD/JPY. Im hoping to hold this position for a few weeks and get some good interest and hopefully a short continuation of the carry trade.
Let the markets move.


Watch the spiders close! There is an upward sloping support trend forming. It was penetrated a bit in August but that was when there was the problem with computer routing on the orders that caused the dagger of a candle. There also could be a morphed head and shoulders forming as well. The highlighted area is of particular concern. If we are going to make another run at the market it better cross that resistance level of 156.00. Upon breaking that we should break 157.50 and have another good leg up into January. Failure to break 156.00 (perhaps a retracement upon reching 152.50) will definately push this into a bear market at the turn of the year.
Tonight's chart shows the clear uptrend developing. The bottom was around 2pm yesterday and the trend took off. I have drawn in what I would consider the uptrend support line. There was a test of this line from 8am until 12pm today during the US market open. I consider this test to be nominal due to the increased volatility often observable during US market hours. A small support developed at 99.850 tonight around 5:30. That is the horizontal yellow line on the chart. I have my stops set at the vertical line with my small double position is taken out where this vertical line crosses the uptrend and my main position is set to be stopped out a bit lower than that to allow for a bit more volatility. Im trading the 50:1 and 30:1 similarily with a bit tighter stops on the 50:1 (this chart is the 30:1).

